Monday 30 January 2012

A BAG OF BONES

A BAG OF BONES


While talking on the phone to my Mum who lives abroad the other day she had shared with me an
emotional passage...


With the passing of somebody in family a few years ago, it became decided to exhume my late father who had passed away abroad, on the 14th July 1996.

My Mum had chosen to be present at my dad's exhuming in order to see him again she had told me.

She disclosed to me that she had tears at the time and had been shocked and stunned to see a big man like dad reduced to a small "Bag of Bones"...
We talked it over and I shared with her that many years ago when dad was still alive and strong...

The now late auntie Jessie had had herself a similar experience with another member of the family however I was there with her and saw it too...

That evening I had told dad about my experience along with auntie Jessie at the cemetery that afternoon...

I told mum, I still remember how dad smiled friendly and told me - Nonsense!
And how he loved to explain to me how we all must pass, if you are alive, you are dead because the only way out is through...
Change is what we are made out of and we, our souls will leave but our bodies will return to bones, powder and ashes...

Finally he had said - Don't be so sad because there are not any souls worth their sacred fire and light living in any cemetery anywhere except for other species following their own cycle of life in matter too.

Mum felt better somehow and seemed to smile as she thanked me for sharing that memory.

Life is beautiful but it is made out of changes and we may choose not to think of "Endings at the expense of Beginnings" however both cannot exist without each other...

Birth, Death and Rebirth again...

They do happen every second at all levels in all that exists from macro to micro, no exceptions!

It is the sacred dance of existence - "Changing to free and freeing to change" for the sake of the evolution of all and everything that exist at all levels, at all places from macro to micro and in all worlds!

We are so busy living Life, taking chances with our bravery and surviving the risks with our wisdom.

Sometimes we forget to remember that we all are made out of changes, we forget the bag of bones, powder and ashes...

Maybe it might well be good for us all to temper a bit our ego, our excesses, our dislikes,
our mania for power over others, our hunger for control, our business-like / ruthless ways with a touch of the unavoidable Mortality of our Flesh and of our Material world Stuff.

It surely humbles the toughest and mightiest because we all are in this together, we all must pass away sooner or later.

And at the end of the day, well...
We all are human beings and it is ok to be human.

I would not want to be in this world without my awareness, my love, my trust and my dedication for the Goddess.

Love and Light!
Hugs,

Sky a.k.a. JD Aeon

No comments:

Post a Comment